Most homeowners prefer blinds because they are both practical and decorative. If this is your first time purchasing blinds, it can be a bit overwhelming. To help you get started, here are some things to remember when buying blinds:
Types of blinds
There are many blinds, but here are some common types:
- Venetian blinds: Created from horizontal blinds – typically wood or plastic. Cords usually suspend it.
- Roman blinds: These blinds are created from soft fabric. When Roman blinds are down, they lie flat against the window. When they are raised, they are gathered into pleats.
- Roller blinds: Roller blinds are easy to operate, and they usually come in stiffened fabric.
- Blockout blinds: These blinds feature a coating that prevents the light from penetrating the room.
Before you go straight to Sydney blinds, you need to measure your window. This is important because it can point you to the right fitting. Fitting options include the following:
- Inside the recess: This is an ideal option for windows in small rooms. For inside the recess, you can measure the width at its narrowest point. Do not forget to measure the height of the recess.
- Outside the recess: This is an ideal option for larger rooms. For outside the recess, you can measure the width and add 4 cm to every side. Do not forget to measure the height and then add 15 cm.
Privacy and brightness
At the onset, you have to decide if you want your room to be bright or cozy. How much privacy do you need? The answer will affect the style of the blinds you choose.
The next thing that you need to do is to think about how you will decorate your blinds – whether you want to look formal, casual, elegant, or comfortable. Keep in mind that bold colors will make your home appeal dramatic while delicate hues are ideal for making the room more neutral and earthy.
Aside from making the room beautiful and private, blinds can also assure the safety of the children – especially the young ones. You just have to make sure that you read the instructions carefully and install the blinds appropriately.
When it comes to cleaning window blinds, it will require a lot of time as well as effort. There are standard blinds that are low-cost, which are prone to dirt and dust. This means it needs frequent attention. You can clean the blinds personally, or you can ask for a professional cleaner.
After measuring up and choosing according to your needs or preference, you need to determine your budget. When it comes to buying blinds, you need to ask yourself if you’re going to install them in one specific place or around the entire house.
If you install them in one specific place, it can be cheap, but if you plan to install around the house, it will be more expensive. Keep in mind that prices vary depending on the materials used, size, fabrics, designs, and features.