In the opinion of experts associated with leading companies that offer paving services to homeowners for their driveways Mill Hill, the humble driveway is the most overlooked part of a home.
In case you forgot, the driveway is the first thing that people will notice the moment they step into your property or take a picture. To ensure that your home’s aesthetic appeal and overall functionality is at the top, choose the paving material for your driveway wisely.
That said, the following section consists of a list of paving materials that are ideal for a typical English home. Let’s begin:
- Timber – If you want something that does not harm the environment then you should go for timber to pave your home’s driveway. You can ask your contractor to use recycled timber sleepers along with gravel in between. This will give your driveway a nice rugged look.
- Concrete – This is known for its versatility and in recent years, honed, polished and decorative concrete is being used both as flooring and driveway paving materials. If you are someone who loves to follow trends then you should choose concrete. You can ask your contractor to make certain necessary changes to the finished surface of the concrete driveway to give the same trendy looks as well!
- Bluestone – It is a variation of sandstone. You can ask your contractor to use this to pave your driveway. The best part about bluestone is that the same come in variable sizes and shapes. Your contractor can alter the form of bluestone to achieve certain looks for your driveway that can suit the style and colour scheme of your home.
Table of Contents
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
It is best to choose a paving material based on factors like:
- The weight of your car(s) – this will depend on the type of car(s) you own
- The number of time the driveway will be used
- Whether you will be parking your car on the driveway itself or simply use it to drive your car from the garage to the road.
You should also keep in mind about the costs you would need to bear while installing, renovating or replacing sections of the driveway. Choose the paving material based on this consideration as well!
It is best to keep in mind that a home’s driveway needs to have a strong foundation else it would not be able to hold the weight of your car every time you drive over it. The best step forward is to get in touch with a contractor that is proficient in paving driveways. Furthermore, do not limit your options by choosing a contractor that uses only one type of material to pave driveways. Choose one that offers multiple options to its clients when it comes to driveway paving materials.