Lakeshore companies are specialized contractors offering services to restore and protect properties along lakes and other water bodies. These services include erosion control, rip rap installation, natural planting buffers, barging, water quality improvement, and disaster recovery; lakeshore restoration companies help homeowners preserve the beauty and value of their lakefront properties and enhance the lake ecosystem’s environmental health.
Table of Contents
Soil erosion from wind, waves, ice, and animals is one of the main issues lakefront property owners face. Lakeshore companies provide practical solutions to prevent and repair erosion problems, such as:
- Rip rap: This is a layer of large rocks or concrete blocks placed along the shoreline to absorb the impact of waves and stabilize the soil. Riprap can also create a habitat for fish and wildlife.
- Natural planting buffers: These are strips of native vegetation planted along the shoreline to reduce runoff, filter pollutants, and provide shade and food for aquatic life.
- Erosion control mats: These are biodegradable or synthetic fabrics that cover the soil and prevent it from being washed away. They can also promote the growth of grass and plants.
Accessing their properties with heavy machinery and materials is another issue that lakefront property owners face. The road can be difficult or impossible, especially in remote or steep areas; lakeshore restoration companies offer barging services to transport equipment, supplies, and products across the lake quickly and efficiently without damaging the property or the environment.
Water Quality Improvement
Numerous factors, such as nutrient loading, organic matter decomposition, algae growth, and bacterial contamination, affect lake water quality. Poor water quality can pose health risks for humans and animals and degrade the lake’s aesthetic and recreational value. Lakeshore companies help improve water quality by implementing various measures, such as:
- Aeration: This process adds oxygen to the water to enhance clarity and reduce odors. Aeration can also stimulate biological activity and break down organic matter.
- Dredging: This process removes excess sediment and organic matter from the bottom of the lake to increase its depth and volume. Dredging can also improve water circulation and oxygen levels.
- Weed control removes or manages invasive aquatic plants that can choke the lake and interfere with navigation, fishing, and swimming. One can control weeds manually, mechanically, chemically, or biologically.
Lakefront properties are vulnerable to natural disasters such as floods, storms, fires, and earthquakes. These disasters can cause severe damage to buildings, infrastructure, and personal belonging; lakeshore restoration companies provide disaster recovery services to help homeowners recover from any unexpected disaster. These services include:
- Water damage cleanup: This involves extracting water, drying materials, dehumidifying spaces, sanitizing surfaces, and restoring items affected by water damage.
- Fire damage cleanup: This consists of removing soot, smoke, ash, and odor from materials, cleaning surfaces, repairing structures, and restoring items affected by fire damage.
- Mold remediation: This involves identifying mold sources, containing mold spores, removing moldy materials, cleaning surfaces, applying anti-microbial agents, and restoring indoor air quality.
Lakeshore companies are experts in providing home restoration services for lakefront properties. They help homeowners to protect their properties from erosion, improve their water quality, access their properties by barging, and help them to recover from disasters. Homeowners can enjoy their lakefront properties for years by hiring a reputable lakeshore company.